Based in Capalaba, we service the whole Capalaba, Cleveland, Victoria Point and Wynnum corridor.
Capalaba's name comes from the Yugarabul Aboriginal word for the ringtail possum. European settlement began in the 1870s once a bridge crossed Tingalpa Creek, and today it's the Redlands' major retail and commercial hub, anchored by two large shopping centres and the Capalaba bus station.
View Area →Alexandra Hills sits between Cleveland and Capalaba, and is notable as the only enclaved suburb of the largely coastal Redland City - meaning it doesn't touch Moreton Bay at all, unlike most of its neighbours.
View Area →Birkdale takes its name from Birkdale House, the home of early grape grower James Baron. It stretches from Tingalpa Creek to Wellington Point and is home to the heritage-listed Birkdale School of Arts Hall, dating to 1889.
View Area →Cleveland was named in 1840 after the Duke of Cleveland. Its Cleveland Point headland on Raby Bay is home to Queensland's first lighthouse, built in 1864, and the suburb remains the administrative seat of Redland City.
View Area →Ormiston is home to Ormiston House, one of Queensland's oldest surviving homesteads, built in 1862 and linked to the colony's earliest sugar cane trials. The suburb has its own station on the Cleveland railway line.
View Area →Thornlands was named after George Thorn, an Ipswich settler who purchased land here in 1851; his son later became Queensland's Premier in 1877. The area was a major fruit-growing district - pineapples, strawberries and passionfruit - well into the 20th century.
View Area →Thorneside is a small coastal locality on Waterloo Bay, connected to Brisbane and Cleveland by its own station on the Cleveland railway line since 1889.
View Area →Victoria Point is the mainland departure point for the vehicular ferry to Coochiemudlo Island, and has grown into one of the Redlands' busiest bayside shopping and marina precincts.
View Area →Wellington Point takes its name from the headland jutting into Moreton Bay, just offshore from King Island (also known as Erobin), a small privately-owned marina island.
View Area →Redland Bay gave the whole city its name, after the fertile red soil found here. It was a thriving fruit-growing district from the 1880s - bananas, oranges and passionfruit - and today is the mainland ferry gateway to the Southern Moreton Bay Islands.
View Area →Mount Cotton was settled heavily by German immigrants in the 1870s, who built St Paul's Lutheran Church in 1875. It's now home to the Leslie Harrison Dam, built on Tingalpa Creek in the 1960s to supply much of the Redlands' drinking water.
View Area →Sheldon is a sparsely populated, mostly bushland rural-residential area forming part of the Tingalpa Creek catchment, and is home to protected eucalypt forest and koala habitat.
View Area →Wynnum's name comes from the Aboriginal word "winnam", meaning place of the pandanus palm. Originally known as Oyster Point, it became a proclaimed town in 1910 and one of Brisbane's most popular seaside resorts after the Cleveland railway opened in 1889.
View Area →Wynnum West grew as the postwar residential expansion inland from Wynnum, growing large enough to need its own high school, Wynnum North, by 1964.
View Area →Manly was named after Sydney's Manly Beach following an 1882 land sale. The Manly Boat Harbour, built in 1958, remains one of Moreton Bay's busiest sailing and boating hubs.
View Area →Manly West is the inland residential growth suburb behind Manly, part of the wider Wynnum-Manly district that grew past 42,000 residents combined by 2011.
View Area →Lota was named by Irish-born politician William Duckett White after his wife's childhood home in Ireland. His 1863 residence, Lota House, still stands as a heritage-listed building on Oceana Terrace.
View Area →Lindum is a small locality and railway station on the Cleveland line between Wynnum and Manly, historically a connecting point for the district's early dairy and market garden trade.
View Area →Tingalpa takes its name from Tingalpa Creek, whose Aboriginal name is thought to refer to a fat kangaroo. The suburb is home to the heritage-listed Christ Church, built in 1868, and a striking WWI diggers' memorial from 1919.
View Area →Belmont was named after an 1876 estate, from the French "Bellemont" meaning beautiful mountain. Its rifle range has hosted shooting events at both the 1982 and 2018 Commonwealth Games.
View Area →Chandler was gazetted as its own suburb in 1975, named after Sir John Chandler, Lord Mayor of Brisbane from 1940-52 and founder of Brisbane radio station 4BC.
View Area →Gumdale was originally known as Mossdale, then the Grassdale Estate in the 1880s, named after the native grass trees found throughout the area.
View Area →Ransome is one of Brisbane's smallest suburbs by population, bounded by Moreton Bay, Tingalpa Creek and Lota Creek, with just one through-road running across it.
View Area →Wakerley was named after early settler John William Wakerley, and developed largely as a residential suburb close to the bayside from the 1990s onward.
View Area →Murarrie was originally called Mooraree, meaning "a muddy place", and grew up around its 1889 railway station, the historic Queensport meatworks and a bulk sugar terminal on the Brisbane River.
View Area →Cannon Hill is named after Cannon Hill House, built in 1867 - so called because two fallen trees on the property were said to resemble a pair of cannons.
View Area →Morningside is thought to be named for the sight of the morning sun striking the nearby hills, or for being on the "morning" (eastern) side of Brisbane. It grew up around the 1889 Bulimba railway station, now Morningside station.
View Area →Hemmant was named after local MP William Hemmant in 1876, and was a significant sugar cane growing district on the Cleveland railway line in its early decades.
View Area →Balmoral was named after Balmoral Castle, Queen Victoria's Scottish estate. It was once the seat of the Balmoral Shire, established in 1888, which took in Morningside, Cannon Hill and Hemmant.
View Area →Norman Park is a small, leafy inner-bayside suburb bordering Coorparoo and Morningside, believed to be named after an 1890s estate in the area.
View Area →